Gynecologic Oncology Services & Procedures offered by MAGOPSA
- Ovarian Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
- Uterine or Endometrial Cancer
- Fallopian Tube Cancer
- Vulvar cancer
- Minimally invasive surgery using da Vinci surgical systems (opens new window)
- Advanced laparoscopic & hysteroscopic surgery
- Pap Smears and cervical cancer screening
- Breast and Ovarian cancer screening
- Contraception counseling
If your care includes infusion and chemotherapy, the MAGOPSA team collaborates closely with the Inova Schar Cancer Infusion Center (opens new window) team to deliver coordinated care.
- Patients receive individualized care in a friendly, relaxed and comfortable environment.
- Multiple windows surround the clinic that provide a beautiful and calming nature view.
- There is also a private room for our patients receiving intraperitoneal chemotherapy.
You can expect to receive continuity of care beginning with your first visit, continuing throughout your chemotherapy treatment and post-treatment journey.
How We Deliver Our Services
Across the Region
MAGOPSA has 6 offices in northern Virginia and southern Maryland, and affiliations with 8 leading hospitals in the region to perform surgical procedures across the region. In 2021, our gynecologic oncologists treated 458 new reproductive tract cancer patients, over 2,171 surgical cases were performed and more than 1,500 cycles of chemotherapy were administered in collaboration with our office.
Rapid Access to Care and Treatment
We also recognize how important it is for you to be seen quickly by our specialists, so we offer a rapid turnaround in getting you into the office, determining the course of treatment, and quickly getting started on your treatment.
Warm and Caring Approach
Although we are a busy practice, we ensure a warm, caring and customized experience for each and every one of our patients. We work together with you to collectively evaluate the various treatment options and determine the most appropriate plan of care that meets your goals and expectations.
Personalized Care Plan
We create personalized treatment plans for each of our patients which include:
- The latest surgical technologies, including minimally invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery.
- Our multidisciplinary team reviews complicated medical cases at our tumor board conferences, where all of MAGOPSA’s gynecologic oncologists, a pathologist, a radiologist, and a radiation oncologist meet to determine the best plan of care for the patient.
- We also offer research protocols (Clinical Trials) in association with the Gynecologic Oncology Group and National Institutes of Health to bring the latest treatments and approaches to those patients who require/desire them.