Our Dedication to Supporting Your Peace of Mind
We know you may have a lot of questions or concerns before having surgery or starting chemotherapy treatment. That’s why we’re dedicated to helping you have peace of mind by connecting you to the latest information about your unique healthcare concerns and treatment options.
MAGOPSA’s current research efforts are conducted in collaboration with the National Cancer Institute (opens new window), the Gynecologic Oncology Group Foundation (GOG) (opens new window) and various industry sponsored protocols.
Our research protocols allow us to offer you the opportunity to participate in cutting-edge research. This includes first line treatment for those patients newly diagnosed with gynecologic malignancies, as well as trials for those diagnosed with recurrent or progressive disease. Currently available clinical trials are geared towards ovarian, endometrial and cervical carcinomas.
- Each protocol offers patients standard of care treatment along with investigational products that have shown promise in the treatment of cancer. PARP inhibitors, HER2 pathway blockers, anti-VEGF and investigational chemotherapies are being utilized.
- A Phase I vaccine trial in advanced epithelial and ovarian cancer is also being launched.
- Tissue acquisition at the time of a patient’s initial surgery is another area of research that may offer benefit to the patient by offering specific treatment tailored to the genetic typing of the tumor. This tissue can be sent for chemotherapy sensitivity and/or molecular profiling in an effort to help individualize therapy.
Current Research Protocols
|A Randomized, Open-Label Study Comparing the Combination of YONDELIS® and DOXIL®/CAELYX® With DOXIL®/CAELYX® Monotherapy for the Treatment of Advanced-Relapsed Epithelial Ovarian, Primary Peritoneal, or Fallopian Tube Cancer
|Recurrent Ovarian with low CA 125
|A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Phase 2 Study to Assess the Efficacy and Safety of Farletuzumab (MORAb-003) in Combination with Carboplatin plus Paclitaxel or Carboplatin plus Pegylated Liposomal Doxorubicin (PLD) in Subjects with Low CA125 Platinum-Sensitive Ovarian Cancer
|Persistent or recurrent Ovarian
|NRG - 003
|Phase II Randomized Trial of Nivolumab with or without Ipilimumab in Patients with Persistent or Recurrent Epithelial Ovarian, Primary Peritoneal or Fallopian Tube Cancer
|Persistent or recurrent Cervical
|NRG - 002
|A Phase II Evaluation of Nivolumab, a Fully Human Antibody against PD-1, in the Treatment of Persistent or Recurrent Cervical Cancer
|Newly diagnosed Ovarian
|A Phase 3 Placebo-Controlled Study of Carboplatin/Paclitaxel With or Without Concurrent and Continuation Maintenance Veliparib (PARP inhibitor) in Subjects with Previously Untreated Stages III or IV High-Grade Serous Epithelial Ovarian, Fallopian Tube, or Primary Peritoneal Cancer
|A PHASE III RANDOMIZED TRIAL OF GEMCITABINE PLUS DOCETAXEL FOLLOWED BY DOXORUBICIN VERSUS OBSERVATION FOR UTERUS-LIMITED, HIGH-GRADE UTERINE LEIOMYOSARCOMA
|A registry of the Target Now test results (biomarker expressions patterns) for evaluation of correlation with clinical outcomes for cancer patients.
|Tissue and Data Acquisition for the study of gynecologic disease
We deliver minimally invasive surgery using da Vinci surgical systems (opens new window).
Our strong working relationship with the team at Inova’s Schar Cancer Institute brings the highest level of chemotherapy treatment and resources to our patients. Check out the links below for trusted online sources of educational information.
- American Cancer Society (opens new window)
- BreastCancer.org (opens new window)
- CancerCare (opens new window)
- Cancer.Net (opens new window)
- CenterWatch (opens new window)
- Chemocare.com (opens new window)
- ClinicalTrials.gov (opens new window)
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (opens new window)
- Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation (opens new window)
- National Breast Cancer Coalition (opens new window)
- National Breast Cancer Foundation (opens new window)
- National Cancer Institute (opens new window)
- National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship (opens new window)
- NCI Cancer Term Dictionary (opens new window)
- NCI Cancer Drug Dictionary (opens new window)
- NeedyMeds.org (opens new window)
- Susan G. Koman Breast Cancer Foundation (opens new window)